Interstellar Force 2.0 is available now!
You can download it from the App Store here:
Interstellar Force 2.0 is just about finished. I’m just in the final testing phases and should be submitting it to the AppStore soon. Remember – Interstellar Force 2.0 is a free upgrade for all owners of Interstellar Force 1.x.
Here are the new features:
- Three new regular levels (now called Mission Mode) includes regular and 8-Bit graphics
- All 8-Bit Endless Mode
- New Mega Blaster power up weapon
- Bonus points awarded when you pick up a shield or bomb but you are full up
- Boss fights added to most levels
- Original levels extended with new enemies and more
- Completely redone more stylish menu system
- Improved support for iControlPad, iCade, and Gametel bluetooth game controllers
- Soon to be released Interstellar Force 2 Lite free version.
Here are a few pics from version 2:
And don’t forget the exciting new Endless Mode (splash screen shown):
As of version 1.5, Interstellar Force has support for iControlPad.
The iControlPad is a Bluetooth gaming controller which supports almost any smartphone, tablet or computer. The photo to the left shows the iPhone 4/4S docked in an iControlPad
It’s compatible with a host of emulators, including NES, SNES, Megadrive/Genesis, MAME, PC-Engine, MSX, Gameboy, Amiga, C64 and more.
And with iCade mode you can play several App Store titles including Interstellar Force.
- The worlds smallest, lightest and fully functional bluetooth gaming controller
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S2 and many, many more
- iCade emulation for over 30 compatible App Store games (no jailbreak required!)
- Dual analogue nubs, digital D-Pad, 6 face buttons and 2 rear buttons
- Bluetooth connection with HID keyboard, joystick and gamepad modes
- Universal Metal Clamp, for attaching it securely to almost any phone
- Dual analogue on your iPhone without jailbreaking!
- Internal 1360mAh rechargable battery, with support for charging your phone via USB
- Upgradable firmware, new features can be added and restrictions bypassed
- Exclusively made in the UK and Germany
iControlPad rear view with iPhone
Here in the USA, the iControlPad is available at Think Geek
Image credit: iControlPad.com
Interstellar Force version 2.0 is under development
I’ve been working on Interstellar Force version 2.0 over the past few weeks. A lot of the new features were requests by users and some were items that I just didn’t have time to add to the original version.
Here are some highlights:
- Three new levels including an additional 8-Bit level
- An all 8-Bit Endless Mode (requested by multiple users)
- Boss fights at the end of each level
- Original levels are enhanced and lengthened
- Lots of new enemies including enemies that spawn stuff (enemies, etc…) when they die
- A 3 level “lite” version of the game that is free for people to test drive Interstellar Force.
- Free upgrade for existing users
- And More!
I hope to release Interstellar Force V2.0 and Interstellar Force Lite sometime in February – keep an eye out.